Exercise 1. Rewrite the following sentences. Change the relative clauses into participial clauses.
Viết lại các câu sau. Thay đổi các mệnh đề quan hệ thành mệnh đề phân từ.
Example: Do you know the woman who is coming toward us?
Do you know the woman coming toward us?
- The people who are waiting for the bus in the rain are getting wet.
- I come from a city that is located in the southern part of the country.
- The children who attend that school receive a good education.
- The scientist who are researching the causes of cancer are making progress.
- The fence which surrounds our house is made of wood.
- They live in a house that was built in 1980.
- We have an apartment which overlooks the park.
Exercise 2. Study the diagram of a solar water heater. Match the parts of the diagram (A, B, and C) with its descriptions (1, 2, and 3).
Đọc sơ đồ mô hình máy sưởi chạy bằng năng lượng mặt trời sau. Nối các phần ở sơ đồ (A, B vfa C) với các mô tả ( 1,2 và 3)
- The unit is put on the roof of a house or a building: a flat or level black surface, pipes with water inside, a piece of glass on the top to collect more heat from the sun.
- A pump: a machine to move the water, the pump starts when the water is warm enough.
- A storage tank: to keep hot water.
Hướng dẫn giải
1.C 2.A 3.B
Exercise 3. Describe the diagram in Exercise 2.
Miêu tả lại sơ đồ ở bài tập 2.
You may start with:
A solar water heater is one type of solar collectors. It is put...
Hướng dẫn giải
A solar water heater is one type of solar collectors. It is put on the roof of a house or a building. The unit has a flat or level black surface. Inside the unit there are pipes with water. On the top of the unit there is a piece of glass to attract the sunrays. The sun shines through the glass and the air inside. It heats the water inside the pipes. When the water is warm enough, the pump starts and it moves the warm water into a storage tank. The tank then keeps the hot water and stores the water for daily use in the house.