Tổng hợp các bài tập trong phần Reading - trang 35 Unit 10 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 11 mới
1. Read the text and answer the questions.
Đọc văn bản và trả lời các câu hỏi
Changing lifestyles for better health
As a way of living, lifestyle is everyday behaviours, activities, and diet. It involves your work, leisure activities, food and drink consumption, and interaction with people. That is why it is important to have a healthy lifestyle. Although it is often difficult to change your habits, reorganising your daily activities to achieve a healthy lifestyle is not impossible. Here are some steps you need to take to have a better life and health.
Become more active
Scientists have proved that regular exercise can help to reduce cholesterol and the risk of heart disease. Remember that you do not need to do too much exercise - just a 30-minute walk a day will bring health benefits. But it is important that you do it regularly and safely. Simple things like walking or cycling to school, using the stairs instead of the lift, doing the housework and gardening can all contribute to good health.
Moreover, hobbies such as dancing, reading, listening to music, playing chess, and solving crossword or sudoku puzzles are also good ways to keep your body and mind engaged, and increase life expectancy. No matter where you are - at home, at work, or at play - always look for opportunities to be more active and energetic.
‘Eat to live, not live to eat’ is the advice to follow.The food and drink we consume can dramatically affect our health. Bad nutrition based on fast food, and meals high in fat and sugar can lead to obesity, diabetes, some types of cancer and other chronic diseases. Planning and following a healthy and balanced diet is not difficult at all. Eat the right amount of calories to balance the energy you get from food and the energy you use. Make sure you have a wide range of foods to receive all the nutrients you need. Remember to eat less saturated fat, sugar and salt, and more fish, fruit, and vegetables.
Stay positive and be happy
Once you have started to be more active and eat more healthily, you can notice that you also feel happier. There is no doubt that daily worrying and stress can damage your heart and brain. When you are under a lot of stress, you may get angry easily. Anger and hostility have negative effects on the cardiovascular system. Recent research has confirmed that angry, hostile people live a shorter life. Try to control your anger, always look at the positive side of every situation and be optimistic. If necessary, practise sor-e meditation and yoga to help you to relieve your stress and anger, and enjoy life more.
1. Why is lifestyle an important factor for healthy living?
2. What lifestyle changes does the writer recommend?
3. What are the benefits of regular exercise?
4. How can you keep your body and mind active?
5. What are the main principles of healthy eating?
6. What is the key to happier living?
1. Because it involves one's work, leisure activities, food and drink consumption, and interaction with people.
2. Becoming more active, eating more healthily, and staying positive and happy.
3. It can help to reduce cholesterol and the risk of heart disease.
4. By having hobbies such as dancing, reading, listening to music, playing chess, and solving crossword or sudoku puzzles.
5. Eating the right amount of calories and a wide range of foods to receive all the nutrients the body needs, and consuming less saturated fat, sugar and salt, and more fish, fruit, and vegetables.
6. Reducing your stress, controlling your anger, being positive and optimistic.
2 Match each of the words with its meaning. Use a dictionary, if necessary.
Nối từ với nghĩa của nó. Sử dụng từ điển, nếu cần
1. c 2. e 3. a 4. b 5.d
3 Read the text again. Decide whether the following statements are true (T), false (F), or not given (NG). Tick the boxes.
Đọc lại văn bản. Quyết định xem các câu sau có đúng (T), sai (F), hay không xác định (NG). Đánh dấu các ô.
1. It is not possible to change your daily habits and activities.
2. In order to reduce cholesterol, you need to exercise a lot and work out more than 30 minutes every day.
3. Physical activity should be done not just regularly, but safely.
4. Although fast food may lead to obesity, it has some definite advantages.
5. You should consume less fat and more sugar to balance the energy you use with the energy that goes into your body.
6. Stress and anger can affect people's life expectancy negatively.
1. F 2. F 3.T
4. NG 5. F 6.T
Bài tiếp theo
Xem lời giải SGK - Tiếng Anh 11 Mới - Xem ngay