Tổng hợp các bài tập trong phần Reading - trang 7 Unit 1 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 11 mới
1. Read a text about the generation gap quickly and choose the best title for it.
Đọc nhanh văn bản về khoảng cách thế hệ và chọn tiêu đề tốt nhất cho nó.
A. Generation Gap Consequences
Hệ quả của khoảng cách thế hệ
B. How to Solve Generation Gap Conflicts
Làm thế nào để giải quyết xung đột khoảng cách thế hệ
C. Causes of Generation Gap
Nguyên nhân của khoảng cách thế hệ
The generation gap refers to the difference in attitudes or behaviour between a younger generation and the older one. In my opinion, different attitudes towards life, different views about certain problems, and a lack of communication can cause a generation gap in most societies.
The first factor is that parents and children generally see things from different perspectives. Choosing a career is a good example for this. Many parents try to impose certain careers they favour on their children, based on their own perceptions. However, young people don't always understand their parents' points of views. Instead, they prefer to be free to make their own decisions on their future career.
Another factor lies in differences in musical tastes, fashion, and political views between young people and their parents. For example, having a pierced nose might be viewed asfashionable by some teens, but for many parents, it is considered to be an act of rebellion against social norms. Some parents may also find their children's behaviour unacceptable and disrespectful to traditional values.
The major factor causing the generation gap is the lack of communication between parents and their children. Parents tend to be dominant and not to trust their children to deal with crises. Also, they keep talking too much about certain problems. That is the reason why young people seldom reveal their feelings to their parents. When facing problems, young people prefer to seek help from their classmates or friends.
The above mentioned factors could lead to a generation gap. In order to bridge the gap between the old generation and the younger one, mutual understanding is the vital key. The wisest solution would be for parents and their children to treat each other as friends.
C. Causes of Generation Gap
2. Read the text again and answer the following questions.
Đọc lại văn bản và trả lời các câu hỏi dưới đây.
1. How many causes of the generation gap are mentioned?
A. 2 B. 3 C. 4
2. How do young people usually react when their parents impose career choices on them?
A. They want to make their own decisions.
B. They follow their parents'advice.
C. They try to understand their parents'goodwill.
3. What do parents often think about nose piercing?
A.They think that it is acceptable.
B.They think that it is fashionable.
C. They think that it is against social norms.
4. What do young people often do when they face problems?
A.They share the problems with their parents.
B.They ask their classmates or friends for help.
C. They ask their parents for help.
5. What would be the best way to narrow the generation gap?
A.Parents and children should try to be friends and understand each other.
B.Parents should be tolerant and let children do what they want.
C. Children should follow their parents'advice.
1 B 2. A 3. C
4. B 5. A
3. Read the text about the generation gap and answer the questions that follow.
Đọc văn bản về khoảng cách thế hệ sau và trả lời các câu hỏi
THE GENERATION GAP IS DISAPPEARING
Despite complaints about the widening generation gap in modern society, in an increasing number of households the generation gap is shrinking or disappearing thanks to changes in parents'attitudes and behaviour. Parents also want to be closer to their teenage children.
A lot of parents have changed their approach to discipline. Instead of forcing their children to do things in a very controlling way, parents try to reason with their children and explain what they expect them to do and why.
It is also true that family members have become more open to each other. Topics such as sex and drugs, which used to be avoided in family conversations, are now more common.
In addition, parents nowadays are more youthful in appearance and attitudes. It is common to see parents joining in activities such as rollerblading or in-line skating with their children.
Moreover, the most important factor is that more and more parents and teenagers have found some common interests. They may share the same tastes in music, films, or other forms of entertainment.
Some people worry that when the generation gap is disappearing, children may have less respect for their parents and the older generations. This may happen; that is why parents always need to be alert and interfere if they notice any danger signs.
1. Why is the generation gap disappearing in many families?
2. What do parents often do when asking their children to do something?
3. What is an example that shows more open communication among family members?
4. What is the most important factor for the disappearance of the generation gap?
5. Why do people worry that the generation gap is disappearing?
1. Because many parents have changed their attitudes and behaviour and want to be closer to the teenage children.
Bởi vì nhiều bậc cha mẹ đã thay đổi thái độ và hành vi của họ và muốn được gần gũi hơn với trẻ vị thành niên.
2. They try to reason with their children and explain what they expect them to do and why.
Họ cố gắng lý luận với con cái và giải thích những gì họ mong đợi chúng làm và tại sao.
3. They talk about topics such as sex and drugs, which were avoided in family conversations in the past.
Họ nói về các chủ đề như tình dục và ma túy, những điều bị tránh trong các cuộc đối thoại trong gia đình trong quá khứ.
4. More and more parents and children have found some common interests.
Ngày càng có nhiều cha mẹ và trẻ em đã tìm thấy một số sở thích chung.
5. Because children may have less respect for their parents and the older generations.
Bởi vì trẻ em có thể ít tôn trọng cha mẹ và các thế hệ lớn tuổi hơn.
Bài tiếp theo
Xem lời giải SGK - Tiếng Anh 11 Mới - Xem ngay