1. '_______ ! Can you tell me the way to the food shop?’
A Thank you B. All right C. Listen D. Excuse me
2. '_______ that street and the food shop is at the next corner.'
A Go along B. Turn right C. On the left D Turn on
3. I don't often goto school by bus because it_____ a lot of time. Riding a bicycle is more healthy.
A spends B has C. takes D.gets
4. The doctor says my father will become ill______ he stops smoking.
A. until B when C. unless D. if
5. He bought_______ books and then left for home.
A much more B. afew C. a lot D. a little
6. - ’Thanks a lot for the lovely dinner.’
A You're welcome B. It's all right.
C Thank you too D. Please don't say so.
7. Last year, Phuc participated in______ funds for street children.
A raising B. making C. gathering D. taking
8. The coffee isn’t very sweet. I’ll add some more_____ .
A salt B. pepper C. sugar D lemon
9. -'______to England?’
A Did you ever go B. Have you ever gone C. Were you ever D. Have you ever been
10. The University of Indochina_______ in Ha Noi i.. 1906.
A built B was built C. has built D. has been built
1. D; 2. A; 3. C; 4. C; 5. B
6. A;7. A; 8. C; 9. D: 10. B
3. Read the passage and fill each gap with a suitable word/phrase from the box.(2 p).
Đọc đoạn văn sau và điền từ thích hợp vào chỗ trống.
Do you feel good? Are you fit and (1)______________? Maybe you think you are overweight and need to go (2)_________________. Or maybe you are a little (3)_________________________ and need to put on weight. Here is some (4)________for you. Firstly, it is important not to do things that are bad for you - so, do not eat(5)________or go to
bed too late. If you have an unhealthy lifestyle, try to (6)__________some of the things you do - only do the things that are good for you. Make sure you eat a (7)_________diet, including a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables. Do plenty of exercise to (8)__________: go running in the morning, or join vur local gym. If you are very (9)__________ , though, you should start with just(10)_______swimming.
Key - Đáp án:
1. healthy; 2. on a diet; 3.slim; 4. advice; 5. too much
6. change; 7. balanced; 8. keep fit; 9. unfit; 10. a little.
4. Finish the conversation, using the sentences in the box. (1 p).
Hoàn thành đoạn hội thoại, sử dụng câu trong khung.
A: Perhaps I'll go next weekend.
B: Are the tickets expensive there?
C: Oh, what did you see?
D: Do you think I'd like it?
E: Is the city centre far?
F: Yes, it was really good. Which dnema cfid you go to?
Linh: Hello, Phuc. How are you?
Phuc: Fine, thanks, and you?
Linh: I'm tired. I went to see a late film last night.
Linh: That one with Brad Pitt, the American actor
Linh: I think so. Did you like his last film.
Linh: The new one in the city centre.
Linh: Yes, 50,000 dong, but it's much better than the odd one.
Linh: Well, I hope you'll like it.
Key - Đáp án:
1. C; 2. D; 3.F; 4. B; 5. A
5. Read the passage and tick T( true) or F(false) in the right box. (1 p).
Đọc đoạn văn sau và đánh dấu tick vào cột T(đúng) hoặc F(sai).
Harvard University is the oldest and most famous university in North America. Founded in 1636, Harvard is a private university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, near Boston. Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many areas who make a difference globally. There are about 18,000 undergraduates and graduate students at Harvard and over 2,000 faculty members. John F. Kennedy and several other United States presidents were Harvard University graduates, and more than thirty members of its faculty have been Nobel Prize winners. The Harvard University Library is the largest academic library in the United States, and one of the largest in the world.
- Harvard University has high quality of teaching and learning.
- Harvard University is also called Cambridge University.
- Harvard University is a public university in the US.
- John F. Kennedy was once a student at Harvard University.
- One of the largest libraries in the world is the Harvard University Library.
Key - Đáp án:
1. T; 2. F; 3. F; 4. T; 5. T
6. Use the correct form of the words given to finish the passage. (2 p).
Sử dụng dạng đúng của từ cho trước để hoàn thành đoạn văn sau.
People collect a large (1. vary)_______________________________ of objects: stamps, postcards, dolls, shells, etc. Some people collect things connected with (2. history)___________________________________ events or with (3. fame)________________________ people. But one of the strangest (4.collect)__________________________________ is that of fish posters. My friend, Jack Simpton, collects posters, but not any posters, just the ones about fish. At present he has over 550 fish posters from around the world. Not (5. surprise) _________________________________________ , his favourite poster is the one of the (6.strange)____________________________ and most colourful fishes. His hobby began several years ago when he saw a few good-looking fish posters on (7. sell)_________________________ at a local shop, he started collecting them. (8. Other)___________________________ like his fish posters, too. "I have just bought a (9.replace)_______________________________ for one of my favourites, which (10.mystery)____________________________ disappeared last week", he said.
Key - Đáp án:
1. variety; 2. historical; 3. famous; 4. collection; 5. surprisingly
6. strangest; 7. sale; 8. Others; 9. replacement; 10. mysteriously
7. Combine these pairs of sentences into single ones by using the connectors given in brackets. (1 p).
Ghép hai câu thành một bằng cách sử dụng từ nối trong ngoặc.
1. Volunteering is special to many people. They can help others. (because)
2. He tried hard. He couldn't set up a new world record. (although)
3. They went for a picnic. We went grass sliding. (and)
4. The TV set did not work property. I turned it off. (so)
5. Volunteer work is very hard for teenagers in the city. They enjoy doing it. (but)
Key - Đáp án:
1. Volunteering is special to many people because they can help others.
2. Although he tried hard, he couldn't set up a new world record.
3. They went for a picnic and we went grass sliding.
4. The TV set did not work properly, so I turned it off.
5. Volunteer work is very hard for teenagers in the city, but they enjoy doing it.
8. Rewrite the sentences so that their meanings stay the same, using the beginning given for each. (1 p).Volunteer work is very hard for teenagers in the city, but they enjoy doing
Viết lại các câu sau sao cho nghĩa không đổi, sử dụng phần mở đầu cho trước.
1. The Opera House has very comfortable seats.
► The seats______________________ .
2. They chose Kien for the school's football team two years ago.
► Kien was _______________________.
3. Be careful or you'll hurt yoursetf.
► If you are ______________________.
4. Collecting dolls from foreign countries is one of Jane's interests.
► Jane is_____________________________.
5. They didn't go camping yesterday because it rained heavily.
► Because of_____________________________.
Key - Đáp án:
1. The seats at the Opera House are very comfortable.
2. Kien was chosen for the school's football team two years ago.
3. If you are not careful, you'll hurt yourself.
4. Jane is interested in collecting dolls from foreign countries.
5. Because of the heavy rain, they didn't go camping yesterday.