Tổng hợp các bài tập trong phần Reading - trang 37 Unit 5 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 11 mới
1. Read the following text about the ASEAN Para Games. Match each paragraph with its heading.
Đọc các văn bản dưới đây về các Hiệp định Para Games của ASEAN. Nối từng đoạn với tiêu đề của nó.
1. The 7th ASEAN Para Games
2. History of the ASEAN Para Games
3. ASEAN and its activities
4. Objectives of the ASEAN Para Games
5. Viet Nam's team at the 7th ASEAN Para Games
A. Formed on August 8th 1967, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was originally a group of five countries. Nowadays, ASEAN is a united bloc often countries, which promotes many cultural and sports events besides political and economic cooperation. The ASEAN Para Games for athletes with physical disabilities is a good example.
B. The ASEAN Para Games aims at promoting sports for people with disabilities in the region and increasing public awareness of disabled sports. Regional Para sports events offer opportunities for building friendship and cooperation among disabled people in ASEAN member states.
C. The ASEAN Para Games is held about every two years after the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in an ASEAN member state.The first ASEAN Para Games took place in 2001 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This was the first major sports event of the ASEAN Para Sports Federation (APSF). The second ASEAN Para Games was organised in 2003 in Viet Nam. The third, fourth, fifth, and sixth ASEAN Para Games were held in the Philippines,Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia respectively.
D. Athletes with disabilities from the ten ASEAN members and East Timor attended the 7th ASEAN Para Games in 2014 in Myanmar. They competed in 12 sports: archery, athletics, boccia, chess, football 5-a-side, football 7-a-side, goalball, powerlifting, swimming, table tennis, sitting volleyball and wheelchair basketball. Indonesia finished first andThailand, which had dominated the Games for more than a decade, dropped to the second place. Malaysia was third and Viet Nam retained the fourth position.
E. There were about 120 Vietnamese athletes at the 2014 ASEAN Para Games. They took part in six events. Even though the Vietnamese delegation was not among the top three, the 7th ASEAN Para Games could be considered a successful event for Viet Nam. The Vietnamese athletes with disabilities tried very hard and set several ASEAN, Asian and world Para Games records.
A. 3 B. 4 C. 2 D. 1 E. 5
2 Find the words or expressions in the text that have the following meanings. Write each word or expression next to its meaning.
Tìm các từ hoặc các biểu thức trong văn bản có các ý nghĩa sau. Viết mỗi từ hoặc biểu hiện bên cạnh ý nghĩa của nó.
1. support or encourage actively
2. control or influence someone or something
3. keep or continue to have something
4. go to an event such as a meeting or sports competition
5. a group of people who represent a country, company or organisation
1. promote 2. dominate 3. retain
4. attend 5. delegation
3 Read the text again and answer the questions.
Đọc văn bản lại lần nữa và trả lời các câu hỏi
1. What was ASEAN when it was formed on August 8th 1967?
2. What is ASEAN now?
3. What does the ASEAN Para Games aim at?
4. How often is the ASEAN Para Games held?
5. When and where did the first ASEAN Para Games take place?
6. Why was the 7th ASEAN Para Games a successful event for Viet Nam?
1. It was originally a group of five countries.
2. It is a united bloc of ten countries, which promotes many cultural and sports events besides politic and economic cooperation.
3. It aims at promoting sports for people with disabilities in the region and increasing public awarene of disabled sports.
4. The Games is held about every two years after the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in an ASE/ member country.
5. The Games took place in 2001 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
6. Because the athletes with disabilities tried hard and set several ASEAN, Asian and world Para Gam records.
4. Based on the information in the text, decide whether the following statements are true (T), false (F), or not given (NG). Tick the boxes.
Dựa trên thông tin trong văn bản, hãy quyết định xem các câu sau đây là đúng (T), sai (F), hay không xác định (NG). Đánh dấu vào các ô.
1. Regional Para sports events offer opportunities for building friendship and cooperation among people with disabilities in ASEAN member countries.
2. Participating in sports events, people with disabilities also have a chance to find their lifetime partners.
3. APSF is in charge of organising the ASEAN Schools Games.
4. The second ASEAN Para Games took place in 2005 in Viet Nam.
5. Disabled athletes from the 11 ASEAN member states attended the 7thASEAN Para Games in 2014 in Myanmar.
6. Archery, athletics, boccia, chess, football 5-a-side, football 7-a-side, goalball, powerlifting, swimming, table tennis, sitting volleyball and wheelchair basketball were the sports events at the 2014 ASEAN Para Games.
1.T 2.NG 3. F
4. F 5. F 6.T
Bài tiếp theo
Xem lời giải SGK - Tiếng Anh 11 Mới - Xem ngay