Tổng hợp các bài tập trong phần Vocabulary & Grammar - trang 28 Unit 9 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 10 mới
1. Complete the following crossword puzzle.
Hoàn thành câu đố ô chữ.
2 Use the words from the crossword puzzle to complete the sentences. (Sử dụng các từ từ câu đố ô chữ để hoàn thành câu.)
1. The _______ of the ozone layer is not a good thing for the Earth.
2. We need to protect the _______ for the next generation.
3. Deforestation will lead to the extinction of rare _______ due to the loss of their habitats, and extreme floods and land erosion.
4. Worldwide rainforest _______ has been the aim of many environmentalists.
5. _______ should make efforts to preserve the environment for the sake of themselves and their children.
6. Environmental _______ is one of the greatest and most urgent problems in modern times.
7. Many countries have signed up to international agreements which aim to reduce the negative _______ of climate change.
8. Any amateur gardener knows _______ need two things to survive: sunlight and water.
1. depletion 2. environment
3. animals 4. preservation
5. People 6. pollution
7. impact 8. plants
3 Make nouns from the verbs by adding the correct suffix -tion, -sion, or -ation. Make changes in the word form, if necessary.
Tạo các danh từ từ động từ bằng cách thêm hậu tố chính xác -tion, -sion, or -ation. Thực hiện thay đổi trong mẫu từ, nếu cần.
1. erode 2. consume
3. deplete 4. destroy
5. contaminate 6. protect
7. deforest 8. pollute
1. erosion 2. consumption
3. depletion 4. destruction
5. contamination 6. protection
7. deforestation 8. pollution
4 Use the nouns in 3 to complete the sentences. Each noun is used once.
Sử dụng các danh từ trong 3 để hoàn thành câu. Mỗi danh từ được sử dụng một lần.
1. The _______ of fossil fuels has gradually increased in many countries which is concern for many environmentalists.
2. The increase in cases of skin cancer has been recorded in parallel with ozone layer _______
3. Intensive pesticide and fertilizer sprays used in agriculture have resulted in the serious _______ of water, soil and air.
4. The _______ of this river has been proved by scientists to be caused by the dumping of untreated sewage.
5. Scientists are able to explain the consequences of habitat _______ now.
6. Every year about 15,000 acres of fertile topsoil are washed away in Haiti, which has resulted in massive soil _______
7. The _______ of the environment from threats such as deforestation, the extinction of rare species, pollution and natural resource depletion is one of the WWF's missions.
8. The _______ caused during the 20th century made the vegetation in this region, which was originally a vast forest refuge for innumerable species, disappear.
1. consumption 2. depletion
3. pollution 4. contamination
5. destruction 6. erosion
7. protection 8. deforestation
5 Read and underline the incorrect words in the following sentences. Correct them. (Đọc và gạch dưới các từ không chính xác trong các câu sau đây. Sửa chữa chúng.)
1. Scientists have tried to assess the impact of human activities on the environmental.
2. We should have deforestation plans to replace the trees cut down for farmland use in the region.
3. Oceanic oil spills become a major environment problem, chiefly a result of intensified petroleum exploitation.
4. The rhino habitat has been perfectly preservation in the region.
5. The students are somewhat confusion by the usage of the words "preservation" and "conservation".
6. Many climatologists believe that the decline in mountain glaciers is one of the first observable signs of globe warming.
7. Rising sea levels can add to the erode of our coastlines.
1. environment 2. forestation
3. environmental 4. preserved
5. confused 6. global
6 Change the following sentences in direct speech to reported speech.
Chuyển các câu từ dạng trực tiếp sang gián tiếp
During a group discussion on environmental threats,...
1. Nam said (that), "The environment is severely affected by pollution."
2. Mai said (that), "The burning of fossil fuels leads to air pollution."
3. Peter said (that), "Intensive insecticide and pesticide sprays in agriculture make the soil contaminated."
4. Tony said (that), "The disposal of untreated sewage in rivers and oceans leads to water pollution."
5. Mary said (that), "Loud and annoying sounds from innumerable vehicles in the highway nearby cause noise pollution."
6. Mai said (that), "The rising sea level is a product of global warming, a natural phenomenon. The only unnatural thing about global warming is the accelerated rate at which it is happening."
7. Linda said (that), "Environmental pollution is an impact of human activities on the environment."
1. Nam said (that) the environment was severely affected by pollution.
2. Mai said (that) the burning of fossil fuels led to air pollution.
3. Peter said (that) intensive insecticide and pesticide sprays in agriculture made the soil contaminated.
4. Tony said (that) the disposal of untreated sewage in rivers and oceans led to water pollution.
5. Mary said (that) loud and annoying sounds from innumerable vehicles in the highway nearby caused noise pollution.
6. Mai said (that) the rising sea level was a product of global warming, a natural phenomenon. The only unnatural thing about global warming was the accelerated rate at which it was happening.
7. Linda said (that) environmental pollution was an impact of human activities on the environment.
7 Put the following text into conversational form using direct speech.
Đặt văn bản dưới đây vào dạng đối thoại sử dụng lời nói trực tiếp.
Hi Mai, this is Peter. He is an environmentalist.
I am pleased to meet you, Mai.
It's my pleasure. I hope you're enjoying your visit to the country and the newspaper office.
I thought the office was a small one but it isn't. I like the friendly environment of the country. I'm going to fly to Hawaii next week.
Bài tiếp theo
Xem lời giải SGK - Tiếng Anh 10 Mới - Xem ngay