Hướng dẫn giải sách bài tập tiếng Anh 12 unit 12 phần Language Focus
B. LANGUAGE FOCUS
Exercise 1. Read the following sentences, paying attention to the disappearance of sounds.
[ Đọc những câu sau, chú ý đến sự biến mất của các âm]
1. My grandmother and grandfather are very interested in gardening.
2. The castles in Edinburgh are probably the oldest in the world.
3. That handsome postman often wore awful clothes.
4. All my family members are interested in geography and history.
5. The draughtsman had no time to deliberate the problem properly.
Exercise 2.Underline the verb in each of the following sentences and write T if it is transitive and I if it is intransitive.
[ Gạch chân những động từ trong mỗi câu sau và viết T nếu là nội động từ và I nếu là ngoại động từ ]
Mr. West repeated his question. (T)
Smoke rises. (I)
1. The children divided the candy.
2. A strange thing happened in the town yesterday.
3. In 1908, the Model T Ford arrived on the market.
4. The production of Model Ts eventually came to an end in 1927.
5. Manchester United won the game last night.
6. Our team won yesterday.
7. I met Ba at the bus stop early in the morning.
8. He drove the boat very fast.
9. The children opened their books.
10. We met a long time ago.
1. T (divided) 2. I (happened)
3. I (arrived) 4. I (came)
5. T (won) 6. I (won)
7. T (met) 8. T (drove)
9. T (opened) 10. I (met)
Exercise 3. Choose the correct answer.
[ Chọn câu trả lời đúng]
1. Why don’t you a go? It’s not difficult.
A. make B. have C. do D. set
2. Carlo’s not good at mountain climbing as he’s afraid of .
A. highs B. highness C. heights D. height
3. There’s little of your getting into the final .
A. opportunity B. chance C. luck D. fortune
4. Just your best - that’s all everyone can ask of you.
A. do B. make C. be D. have
5. It’s time you learned to swim.
A. big B. tall C. high D. far
6. your time - don’t rush.
A. Tell B. Find C. Spend D. Take
7. Each player takes it turn to roll the dice.
A. on B. in C. at D. to
8. Our new coach is popular the whole team.
A. for B. to C. by D. with
9. He’d been planning to leave the team the time and hadn't told anyone.
A. complete B. whole C. total D. full
10. I’m not siding her because she’s my sister, but because she’s right.
A. from B. for C. to D. with
1. B 2. C 3. B 4. A 5. C
6. D 7. B 8. D 9. B 10. D
Exercise 4.Choose the correct answer.
[ Chọn câu trả lời đúng]
1. Active: They fear that there are no survivors.
A. It has been feared that there are no survivors.
B. It is to be feared that there are no survivors.
C. There is to be no survivors.
D. It is feared that there are no survivors.
2. Active: Will somebody show the visitors round the garden?
A. Will the visitors shown round the garden by somebody?
B. Will they show the visitors round the garden?
C. Will the visitors be shown round the garden?
D. Are the visitors being shown round the garden?
3. Active: Didn’t they tell you to be here by nine o’clock?
A. Weren’t you told to be here by nine o’clock?
B. Aren’t you told to be here by nine o’clock?
C. Haven’t you been told to be here by nine o’clock?
D. Have they told you to be here by nine o’clock?
4. Active: People generally believe that money brings happiness.
A. Money is believed brings happiness.
B. People are generally believed that money brings happiness.
C. Money is generally believed to bring happiness.
D. Money is generally believed to have brought happiness.
5. Active: Her misery affected me deeply.
A. I have been deeply affected by her misery.
B. I was deeply affected by her misery.
C. I will be deeply affected by her misery.
D. I am being deeply affected by her misery.
6. Active: Somebody saw him open the door.
A. The door was seen to be open by him.
B. He was seen to open the door.
C. He was seen to have opened the door.
D. The door was opened by him.
7. Active: They assumed that there was no more food left.
A. It was assumed that there was no more food left.
B. No more food was assumed to have been left.
C. There was no more food left.
D. No more food was left.
1. D 2. C 3. A
4. C 5. B 6. B 7. A
Bài tiếp theo
Xem lời giải SGK - Tiếng Anh 12 - Xem ngay